Here’s what we’ve been up to in the last week, and by we I mean all, most, some, or one of us. I’m pretty sure you’re gonna be jealous. And awed.
1) How to give kisses to Mama, plenty on each cheek, before asking her for something. Two of us have also learned that a really cute smile accompanied with a head tilt, blinking eyes, and the words, “Did you know I love you, Mama?” seriously increase the odds of a positive response.
2) The how adding ten is related to adding nine, multiplying problems in real life, balancing equations, how to solve and factor higher degree equations including polynomial division, how General Lee surrendered, theological aspects of the War Between the States, the number of moles of gas relate to the volume a gas occupies and such (clearly, only one of us is learning that… and it’s not me… ahem), how precocious are Huck Finn, Caddie and Laura.
3) The different ways of justifying a Tim Tam at midnight, as well as OREOs. The OREOs are much easier: their 100th birthday and all! I consider it my responsibility to celebrate the rich American history of the NAtional BIScuit COmpany by indulging in their glorious cookie that can.not.be.duplicated. (I mean, have you tried store brand attempts at OREO mimicking? What.ever.)
Partnering this historical item with semi-local tall glass of raw milk oddly seems to justify the behavior and adds a political side to it: supporting local farmers and our right to have raw milk. Clearly, I’m obligated to do this repeatedly.
4) How to make a Papau New Guinea cake. You’ll have to come back to hear the who, what, where, when, why, and how of that little feat.
5) How “wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ”. Or, at least, we’re trying.
So… what are you and/or your kiddos learning this week? You don’t have to be a homeschooler to tell me!
If you need a little help, let me give you some more ideas: What We’re Learning post I and What We’re Learning post II. You’ll understand that you don’t have to be rocket scientists to share what you’ve been learning and you could possibly wonder if all I do is eat chocolate in some form.
Why not share some inspiration, encourage yourself, and maybe have a laugh or two by taking a minute to share what you are learning this week? All participants this week and next are entered in a giveaway!
What are you learning this week?