Next Year’s Students

by GfG on September 14, 2012 · 6 comments

507 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 507 Pin It Share 0 Email -- Google+ 0 507 Flares ×

Waaaaaaaaaahhhh!!  {insert some serious tears here}

As I sat in the awesome conference last month, something hit me (besides the many profound thoughts from Susan Wise Bauer and Voddie Baucham).

You may have even noticed it yourself, if you read the post about our students for this year.

Next year, HB/Hannah Beth will be a senior and Wee Babe/Paul Louis will be a kindergartner.  This means I will have a student at each end of the spectrum.  This means my baby will be graduating and my other baby will be starting the academic journey.

This means I will be crying a lot next year.

Even if they are both stinkin beautiful/cute.

Feel free to resume your regularly scheduled day.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!  {insert more tears here and my children rolling their eyes}

The Reader September 14, 2012 at 8:22 am

Definitely a cry-worthy thing. (((hugs))) to you, sweet friend.

Thyme September 14, 2012 at 11:22 am

Sad :(

Megan September 14, 2012 at 11:48 am

NO WAY! Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!

Faith September 14, 2012 at 8:34 pm

No. Stinkin’. Way.

Rebecca L. November 3, 2012 at 5:43 pm

New follower here and I’m hooked but just wanted to say, yes you will be on roller coaster!! I just graduated (homeschool) by oldest baby this past May and then in August, officially started my baby-baby in Kindergarten so this past academic year was my hardest, most emotional year of my life. I am one of those that don’t want my babies to grow up—ever—and school is one of those things that signifies growing up. Each passing year means they are growing up more. I have been praying and continue to pray for grace to get through it and I have received it, for each moment I need it.

GfG November 3, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Rebecca, Glad to have you! Thanks for the sweet agreement. I, too, am one of those mamas that don’t want her kiddos to grow up. It just goes so quickly and I want it to last longer. Sigh.