Our friends and family have not always been excited about pregnancy news from us, even though we’ve been giddy when the LORD blesses my womb. After a disappointing reception to the news of our third pregnancy, we decided to send announcements for all subsequent pregnancies.
Let me explain why I think this is a great idea:
- You don’t put pressure on people to react positively immediately.
- You allow people time to process the news. This gives those who are not in the same mindset time to prepare for seeing you and being nice.
- You don’t expect a response from someone who doesn’t see this the same way you do. It’s really not fair.
- You keep your joy from being robbed.
- You have a cute keepsake.
Here are our precious announcements.
With Wee Babe, I actually had the doctor’s office request one. I hadn’t sent one out (or even created one yet) and they wanted to be sure I did, since I always sent them one. It cheered me every time I had an appointment to see our announcement tacked on the office wall.
I think sending fun pregnancy announcements is a win/win and am glad God put it on my heart to do it this way.
If you are growing your family and would like to celebrate without risking others stealing your joy, why not send a cute announcement in the mail?