Ok, I can’t believe I didn’t think of posting this, so it’s going up late, BUT not too late! You can still make memories today!
One of the best parts of being a mom is being a memory maker. I’ve shared before about how traditions tie hearts to home, well, I also believe that making the most of an opportunity to make a memory by behaving outside the norm ties hearts to home too.
As I shared ideas for Leap Day (which has no spiritual significance, of course),that were all about making a day memorable as a family, I’m sharing ideas for 12/12/12. Leap year happens every four years, but not this day.
Make the most of this once in a lifetime day!
1) Take a photo of each kiddo holding a sign that says 12/12/12. They will love it when they are older, I promise.
2) Make a sweet treat in the shape of a 12. We will do a big sugar cookie in a 12, but choose whatever works for you (or whatever you have on hand). Everyone loves sugar.
3) Do 12 exercises just for kicks. We will do 12 push ups and 12 sit ups. Maybe we’ll race to add an extra level of excitement.
4) Have unusual meals. We will be having pancakes for dinner (12 dollar sized ones each, of course), which is something the kiddos love and we rarely do.
5) Be silly in general. Silly moms connect to their kids, we have to admit that, even if we aren’t silly moms. I think that when we step outside our comfort zone to bless our kids and connect to them, they notice and it makes it even more special. Don’t hesitate to be silly today. Your children will love you for it, even if they roll their eyes.
What other ideas do you have for today, 12/12/12/?