Our Family Adoption Fundraiser: Will You Help Our Beautiful Picture Come Together?

by GfG on February 21, 2014 · 7 comments

47 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 41 Pin It Share 3 Email -- Google+ 3 47 Flares ×

The picture of adoption is one that declares unconditional love, sacrificial love, and forever love.  For three parties.  Our Awesome God set the example of adoption when he adopted me into his family and called me His.  How amazing.

Today, I’d like to ask you to be a part of a the picture of adoption.  Ours.

I am so excited to share this post because I love the entire idea.  Almost as much as I love the idea of having another family member join us!

As I shared in our Maybe Baby post, we are just starting our adoption journey.

We don’t know how long this journey will be, only God does.  It could take awhile or it could not.

We don’t know the name of the woman who is My Hero, only God does. I have been praying for My Hero for awhile now.  I am already so proud of her decision for life.  The decision I didn’t make.

We don’t know what Maybe Baby looks like, only God does.  He or she will be beautiful, for sure.

We don’t know where the money for the adoption fees will come from, only God does.  We believe He will provide.

Here is where you come into the picture.  Or the puzzle, as the case may be. Puzzle Pieces WEB We have a 500 piece puzzle that will represent our adoption picture.

On the front, an original piece of art is being created.  The design is being painted by a friend of mine/ours (and she’s a legit artist!) that will represent our new family of nine.

On the back, a different kind of original art will be created… 500 names.

To make the picture not just 500 pieces in a box, but a completed picture/ piece of art, all of the pieces must have a name on the back.

How does a puzzle piece get a name?  A friend/loved one/complete stranger donates $20 towards our adoption fees. Yup.  That’s it.

For a mere $20, you can be a part of our adoption picture.

One name = one piece for only a $20 donation. Puzzle Piece Single WEB Can you donate more than $20?  YES!  You can donate $20 per family member or for any names you’d like to be on the puzzle piece.

The agency fees are over $20,000 so that is why the puzzle is 500 pieces.  We need help to make this adoption happen.

Will you be a part of our adoption story by helping financially?

When every piece has a name, the picture will be revealed.  Until then, it in incomplete.

When it is complete, it will be beautiful.  Literally.  Figuratively.  Amazingly.

We will frame the puzzle in a clear floating frame, so that both sides are visible, depending on which way the art is hanging (loving contributor side or artwork side).

We believe it will not only represent the many people who have helped bring Maybe Baby home, but it will be a fantastic reminder for always that our child is loved by many.

Ways you can donate:
1) You can send a check or money order made out to Paul Brouse.  You can send it c/o Mountain Christian Church PO Box 615, Cedar Crest, NM 87008  {no fees involved for this option; check must be made out to me or Paul}

2) You can use this handy PayPal button. {PayPal charges us a small fee per dollar}

3) You may send a check or money order made out to Adoption Assistance Agency WITH OUR NAMES in the notation part to this address: 2800 Eubank Blvd. NE  Albuquerque, NM 87112  {this option is not tax deductible}

Autumn Beck, who is hosting our very first fundraiser/giveaway at All About Cloth Diapers, is our adoption donations accountability person.  She will follow all the donations so that you know that someone else is holding us accountable.

Won’t you join us on our journey and make the picture beautiful?

Two reasons we chose this kind of fundraiser

Puzzle Piece Single WEB

47 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 41 Pin It Share 3 Email -- Google+ 3 47 Flares ×

Sarah February 22, 2014 at 10:06 am

This is such a fantastic idea!

GfG February 22, 2014 at 10:15 am

Thanks, Sarah!

Annette Q. February 22, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Have you considered adding the puzzle piece by piece to your blog so we can see the progress?

GfG February 22, 2014 at 3:55 pm

I was going to show groupings of pieces with names, but that’s a great idea Annette! Thank you!

Nevada February 23, 2014 at 8:03 am

As I read your post I am preparing breakfast before heading to church. I will be thinking of you during service today. I hope your adoption journey goes well as it can be an emotional roller coaster. We have been blessed with a beautiful and smart boy, Hunter who is the beat of my heart. We have been trying for two years to adopt a sibling, through straight adopt . We are having to change agencies due to unforeseen circumstances within the agency, and there fore starting all over again. W prayed about the situation and were on the verge of giving up when the sermon the next week at church was about Hannah and her praying for and receiving Samuel. That gave us the courage to continue. Sorry rambling here I just meant to tell you I wish the best and will be praying for you.

Leslie Hanson February 24, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Hi Mindy,
I just listened to Dani’s broadcast from the end of last week and was blown away. Thank you for doing that interview and sharing, and for what you are doing here. I am so encouraged that abortion will be overcome and so happy that your life got turned around through God’s grace and now you are helping others!

I would love to meet you in person some day. We are in Oregon but travel quite a bit as a family band, now that our 30 years of homeschooling are finished! In fact my youngest of 7 just turned 20, so no more teens even!

We have been battling abortion for 28 years and have witnessed several clinics close in our city with the power of prayer. One, we even got to arrange an exorcism on the building before 400 homeschoolers moved into their new resource center. We could probably talk for hours!

Fortunately, when I got pregnant at 17, the law had not changed so I could not get an abortion, though now, I have repented for even considering it.. I have a lovely 45 year old daughter that is a tremendous blessing, that found me when she was 36. I got to meet her adoptive parents in Australia this last December. She told me “Thank you for the baby.” I cried. Now that I have raised 7 more and have 17 grandchildren, I couldn’t give up a baby again, but she was a real blessing to them. Well, too long a story for a blog so I will sign off for now and hope to stay in touch.

God bless,
Leslie

GfG February 24, 2014 at 10:20 pm

Oh, Leslie. You made me cry. What a beautiful testimony. I just know God’s heart was blessed when he saw you with those adoptive parents. How precious.

I would love to meet up! If/when you head to the Albuquerque area, contact me!!

Thank you so much for sharing here. I just didn’t know what God had in mind for having me talk on Dani’s show. I appreciate the contact!